Tuesday, November 3, 2009

قهوة و شاي من فضلك

One of my favorite parts of the culture here in Jordan is the obsession with drinking tea and coffee! At home I get shit for my 4 cups of coffee a day habit -- which believe it or not runs in the King family. But here it's completely kosher.

A cup of Nescafe with breakfast. Arabic coffee first thing when I get to work. Then tea with lunch. A quick coffee after work. Tea once I am settled in at home. Earl gray during my Arabic lesson. Well you get the point, ha.

Caffeine really does affect my mood. I need it to survive. I know I should kick the habit, or at the least cut it back, but that's not gunna happen while I'm in the Mideast. It's way too good. Way too cheap. And way to accessible to stop now! Plus can one really be expected to turn down drive through coffee from Abu Subh--(spell check please)??? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment