Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cultural tib-bits.

1. If you give the 'peace sign' here, it is interpreted as a 'V' for 'victory' in Palestine. I need to keep my hippie tendencies in check.

2. Do not. I repeat, DO NOT rest your feet on the back of someones chair (while they are sitting in it)...it's very offensive! In class one day we were watching a movie, so I was chillin' out and relaxing and wanted to put my feet up. I put them on the back of one of my student's chairs and the whole class busts out. He was so offended that he asked for my formal apology.

3. I found a sweet Palestine lanyard (40 piasters) and had to have it to add to my anklet collection, but today one of my students saw it around my ankle and took it offensively. There I go again, me and my dirty feet haha. I obliged and tied it around my wrist instead.

More coming soon....insha'allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment