Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Irbid...dance party, huh??

A few weeks back I went to Don Vito Cafe for a DJ concert. It was so much fun! After hearing all the "locals" say over and over again that Irbid is boring and lame and no fun, I was starting to think that I would spend the next 6 months cooped up in my room every night after work.

Usually here it is hard to see people interacting with the opposite sex. On the street most people stick with their same sex. I see boys and girls in pairs, but usually they are dating or within the protective walls of their University away from the prying eyes of parents and society. But rarely do you see large groups of boys and girls out in public, let alone dancing and grinding. But yes that was the scene at Don Vito.

Strobe lights, bubble machine, 3 DJs, 2 rap groups, break dancers and a shit ton of dancing. Just like a hip-hop show in Chi-town. It was toooo legit! Apparently it does not happen often, but I plan to be at every single one, insha'allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment