Sunday, October 18, 2009

Things I Miss.

I miss my friends and family of course.

I miss fresh water. In Chicago we have Lake Michigan one of the Great Lakes. It supplies the entire area of north-east Illinois with clean water. In Madison, my university is situated on an isthmus - between two lakes - Lake Mendota and Lake Menona. Here in Jordan, fresh flowing water is scarce. All drinking water comes out of a plastic bottle or must be boiled first. I miss the convenience of cupping my hands under the sink and taking a sip.

I miss boca burgers and fake chicken. I am getting by here being a vegetarian. I always have enough to eat and everything tastes delicious. But I have less variety. I would pay like 5 JD for a spicy chik'n boca right now!

I miss riding my bicycle. I heard about a group called Cycle Jordan from another trainee. Need to look into it further...

And all my beautiful, funk-a-delic clothes, need to find me a thrift store stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment