Tuesday, December 1, 2009

If age is nothing but a number...

Ok the secret is out! Womp womp. I am only 21. For the last few years of my life (pre-21) I was acting and had basically convinced myself that I was 25. I even had a semi-legit Illinois ID to prove it ha!

But, here in Jordan the majority of my close friends and even my students are older than me. Some almost a whole decade. They are all graduated from college, here in Jordan starting off their professional careers. It has sunk in that I am 21. I am young. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm really proud of myself for being here in Jordan having this experience at my age. I feel mature and I like it.

For the past 3 years I have been working multiple jobs, doing AIESEC, and going to school . I really enjoyed those experiences, but I was always sooooo busy and stretched thin. It's nice to fully devote my time and energy to my work and have free time to explore, develop, and build relationships with people here. It does kinda suck though when I think about having to return to college and put the full-time work lifestyle on hold.

Deep breath. I've got some time before 'real life' starts...and I'm going to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment